C H O R E O G R A P H I C _ P R O D U C T I O N
e s t o n i a _ f r a n c e _ g e r m a n y _ p o r t u g a l _ r o m a n i a _ s e r b i a _ t u r k e y

The LOOPING project ends in fall 2010. We are off to new adventures !

April 30, 2010

Ayşe Orhon (TUR)

 
hava’nın a’sı - [a:] of air

choreography and performance... Ayse Orhon
artistic assistance... Ayse Draz, Ahmet Altınel
light design... Jiv Wagner
duration... 30 min.
thanks to... Gülsün Orhon, Aslı Mertan, Bülent Aksoy, Ömer Aygün, Nik Haffner, Gurur Ertem, Çatı (Contemporary Dance Association), CNDC Angers, GarajÎstanbul


« After the performance piece harS -a duet with a harp- I remembered my past engagements in music. Especially the musical days of my childhood that family and friends would gather to play and sing together Turkish Classical Music, every two weeks for many years. Different “Gazel’s” -a form of writing in literature which is also a form of music- fascinated me in the detail they contain within and the melancholy they carry. I wanted to explore the interrelation between voice/sound and movement, how their shapes effect each other and study the use of air as the carrier of sound as well as of movement. This is an attempt to expose how the air is transformed within the body to render visible what is invisible. »